Sorry. This splash screen is based on usplash, which is deprecated. It won't work on Ubuntu 10.04 or newer.
This is another version of the usplash theme fingerprint, working with the resolution of 1024 * 768.
Why another Version?
All the others did not work on my machine, so I customized the code and the pictures a bit and now it works.
How to install?
Just install the .deb package, install via ppa or compile the source code yourself
This Package is available in my ppa:
Silent or Verbose?
To use the blue text box (screenshot 2) for some booting messages just delete the "quiet" on the boot entry in you menu.lst.
I found a Bug! What now?
Please leave a comment, with a description of the bug. Also post the boot-entry of your menu.lst, which linux distribution you use, and what version. The version of the fingerprint theme is also important.
PPA has changed!
3 years ago
* Public release
* Test version with a smoother looking load bar.
* This theme is now working on Intrepid
* Edition of all pictures in order to look good also booting in verbose mode.
* Edition of the background image
* Download via PPA
* Version for Jaunty released.
* Resolution Settings schould be automatic done
* Support for other resolutions
* Bugfix: textbox too small
* Version for Plymouth