This is my attempt to revive a theme that I liked but never got released.
Because of the close integration between the GTK and Metacity themes you will find:
* That the titlebar font size works best between 8-10 (using sans bold as an example). Depending on your monitor 11-12 may still be acceptable.
* That you cant change the windows background color (due to the GTK and Metacity theme integration).
* That KDE, Java and wxWidgets applications dont look as intended. I am looking into fixing this if possible.
Those points aside if you are like me and 99% of your applications are GTK you should have no problems... and the result look fantastic!
If you find a GTK application that hasnt themed correctly please report it below and I will see what I can do.
And lastly if you have the time it would be great if you could vote and comment on the theme. Note that this is my first attempt at a GTK theme so please be kind :-)
This theme requires the latest Murrine Engine.
Original unreleased theme: http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Aurora+Unified+Suite+%28Preview%29?content=70138.
Metacity buttons from: http://danrabbit.deviantart.com/art/elementary-gtk-theme-83104033.
Murrine Engine DEBs:
Murrine Engine RPMs:
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=122064 - thanks gracca
GTK/controls: Unified theme
Metacity/Window border: Unified theme
Icons: Elementary - http://danrabbit.deviantart.com/art/elementary-Icons-65437279
Background: Calm - http://elusive.deviantart.com/art/Calm-157643359
Panel background: Unified theme - applied manually
Dock: DockbarX (Gaia theme) - http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/DockbarX?content=101604
6 years ago
- Cleaner scrollbars
- Highlight scrollbars when in use
- Fixed ubuntu lucid volume applet background
- Fixed black backgrounds in some applications
- Created top and bottom panels - not used by default
- Fixed the panels menubar background color when hovered
- Fixed cropping of some titlebar letters (eg g, p, y etc)
- Fixed themeing of the screensaver unlock window
- Fixed text color in nautilus infobar
- Fixed background in brasero
- Lightened panel background
- Created Firefox, Thunderbrid and Google Chrome themes (Unified extras)
To install the FF and TB themes drag them into the Add-ons -> Themes dialog. To install the Chrome theme just drag it into the browser.
FF before vs after: http://www.zacbarton.com/screenshots/unified_ff_before_vs_after.png
- Initial release