Betelgeuse is the name for a big star from Orion constellation. The intention of this project is to create a complete, modern, clean and eye-candy icon theme for the KDE Desktop Environment.
Here aren't all but the more decent icons (I guess). There's a lot of work to do and I dont' have time. If you want to help or make a donation, please leave me a note, start by doing a branch for my git repo or send me a mail.
Or just share your suggestions! Hope you like it and excuse me for my bad english.
You can download the zip file and extract it under ~/.kde4/share/icons/, or clone the git repo doing:
git clone git://gitorious.org/betelgeuse/betelgeuse-sources.git
There's a lot of work to do. You will notice, for example, there's no icons for 16x16, 22x22 or 24x24, so there's a fake raster to fill them with bigger icons. Feel free to contribute to developing it! You can do it at some ways:
1. Creating and editing icons. If you think you've skills at icon designing and you know what Inkscape is (Thanks Karbon, your boolean operations with paths is a pain in the ass) you could help with it. You can clone the git repo at
and starting designing icons or make the changes you think they need.
Please DON'T make/edit and publish any icon as a standalone work. I will give credits for all people that help with it, the idea is to keep this project unified as much as we can.
Please DON'T use any SVG filters, masks, blur and crap like that. It makes them uncompatible with QtSVG. Please follow as much as you can the style of icons.
2. Donating money. I'm just a poor graphic design student, seriously. I'm not receiving any cent, neither for this work. I even don't have any bank account so anybody could donate money via paypal. If somebody know how people can make donations so them can come here to Bogota (Colombia) please tell me. And a tablet would be very appreciated: Drawing with a creepy mouse is too hard. Or if you have a better computer and want to donate it... But even any buck would be very appreciated.
3. If you know about shell scripting, you can help by fixing the build.sh file. I don't know too much about that and it could get better.
4. Reporting issues, broken links and so on.
5. Telling me your suggestions, ideas, complainments, insults and so on. Feedback is very appreciated.
This is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0).