Spash screen based on:
Moodin Splash Engine (by moodwrod)
Nuvola icons (by David Vignoni)
"Think Linux" Tun n' Tosh Wallpaper (by Bandar Hassan Raffa)
To install Tux n' Tosh Splash for Gnome (install only for your user):
1) Open terminal session
2) Move to the folder contains file "TuxToshSplash-Gnome.png"
3) Create a folder to store splash image
]# mkdir ~/.gnome2/share/splash/
4) Copy splash image file in previous created folder
]# cp -r ./TuxToshSplash-Gnome.png ~/.gnome2/share/splash/
5) Select Tux n' Tosh as actived splash screen for your Gnome session:
(Warning: don't copy and paste command, you must change PATH_TO_YOUR_HOME string with your home's path, for ex: /home/tommaso)
]# gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnome-session/options/splash_image "/PATH_TO_YOUR_HOME/.gnome2/share/splash/TuxToshSplash-Gnome.png"
6) Activate the splash screen:
]# gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/gnome-session/options/show_splash_screen true
If you want simplify installation process you can use gnome-splashscreen-manager.
Enjoy your new splash!