Important note: this theme is designed for and tested with GNOME-Shell 3.4, GNOME-Shell 3.6 and GNOME-Shell 3.8
for GNOME Shell 3.4 - take version 0.5
for GNOME Shell 3.6 - take version 0.5.1
for GNOME Shell 3.8 - take version 0.5.2
for GNOME Shell 3.10 - take version 0.5.3
all version are included in the download!
Zukitwo Cupertino is made off the great Zukitwo theme, aimed to integrate the GNOME-Shell better to a Mac OSX like GTK-theme (i.e. Adwaita Cupertino).
Looks nice on bigger screens (1920x1200 - my PC) as well as on smaller screens (1366x768 - my netbook)
GTK Theme: Adwaita Cupertino (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Adwaita+Cupertino?content=147061)
Icon Theme: Faenza (http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/Faenza-Icons-173323228) + Faenza Cupertino (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Faenza-Cupertino?content=129008)
Cursor Theme: Shere Khan X (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Shere+Khan+X?content=57588)
Extension List (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/320/extension-list/)
System Monitor (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/120/system-monitor/)
Extract the zip file and put the \'Zukitwo Cupertino\' folder inside your ~/.themes directory. Use the Gome-Shell theme extension to select Zukitwo Cupertino theme.
Installation with GDM Theme
This will replace the default gnome shell theme.
- Extract the Zukitwo-Cupertino folder anywhere at your system
- Go to the default gnome shell theme location /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme
- Backup the files gdm.css and gnome-shell.css
- Go back to the extracted Zukitwo-Cupertino folder and open the gnome-shell folder inside it
- Move or copy the contents of the gnome-shell folder to the above mentioned default gnome shell theme location
- Refresh the gnome shell by pressing Alt+F2, typing 'r' and pressing ENTER
Note: if your current theme is not the default gnome shell theme, instead of refreshing the theme in the last step just open the gnome-tweak-tool and set the gnome shell theme to 'Default'.
- Status in user menu sometime becomes white - seems GNOME-Shell 3.4 fixed this
- after returning from overview the application button on top gets a wrong border - FIXED
- Extension: Extension List need some CSS tweaks
- Dock extension looks a bit weird with the theme - needs some CSS tweaks too (I changed to plank :) )
to override the stylesheet of the system monitor, just rename the stylesheet.css from the system monitor extension
Any suggestions for further changes/extension support are welcome!