It's an Ambiance like Theme for Fluxbox, Icewm, Openbox, Lxde, Xfce, Gnome2/Mate & Gnome3 (Unity, Gnome-Shell, Gnome-Classic & Cinnamon). Gtk-3.16 and Cinnamon 2.8 compatible.
The objective is to have it working very well in all that environnements with a choice of 4 flavours.
NEW: set of grub2 themes. More infos : https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1160963/
* open a Terminal in the folder where the file Crunchy-themes.tar.gz is
* and copy/paste this command line (Ubuntu like distros):
sudo tar -zxvf Crunchy-themes.tar.gz -C /usr/share
(or if you are in Debian)
tar -zxvf Crunchy-themes.tar.gz -C /usr/share
Customization of the window-list extension in Gnome-shell
As we can't theme it, we have to change the original files. So we have to make copies of them before making the customization. In a terminal:
cp classic.css classic_Origin.css
cp stylesheet.css stylesheet_Origin.css
cp classic_Crunchy.css classic.css
cp stylesheet_Crunchy.css stylesheet.css
Setting the theme in Gnome
* Unity: you have to install and use Unity-tweak
* Gnome-Shell: Gnome-tweak (Advanced settings) must be used and the user theme plugin activated
* Cinnamon: in the control center / themes
Openbox rounded Buttons
If the display of the buttons is weird, just set the "active window title" font to the right size. Example : Ubuntu (regular) 11.
Gtk engines dependancy
Murrine & Unico are needed by the theme. To be sure they are installed:
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-murrine gtk3-engines-unico