Made by: SkiesOfAzel
Latest Update :
26/10/2009 v1.5.0 . Yet another update, one that adds XFWM support, a reworked (and made default) Azel New decorator and rounded versions of the Azel decorator among other things . This release is mainly targeted at Ubuntu Karmic and Gnome 2.28.0, so i wasn't able to test how well it behaves on older versions of Gnome. I have fixed every bug i could find but i can't test all the available apps myself, so if you find a bug with a program that you use or if you have some suggestion for improvements, feel free to leave a comment .
This theme looks best with the black and white 2 icon theme. It's also designed to work with or without the globalmenu hack (see instructions) . If you are a Pekwm user , there is a wonderfull matching theme by Thrynk.
- Extract the archive, go to the gtk folder and install Azel, Azel Original and Azel New through the theme manager.
- If you prefer the gnome standard button placement use the Azel window border. If you prefer buttons on the left (as in the screenshot) use the Azel Original window border and go to the next step. The Azel New decorator works as well for both layouts.
- If you have selected the Azel Original window border , open gconf-editor, go to apps->metacity-> general and change the button_layout to close,maximize,minimize:menu.
- If you are using compiz , open gconf-editor, go to apps->gwd and set metacity_theme_opacity to 1 . Then, go to apps->compiz->lugins->decoration->allscreens->options and set shadow_opacity to 0.85 , shadow_radius to 8.5 , shadow_x_offset to 0 and shadow_y_offset to 4.
- If you prefer emerald to metacity/gtk-window-decorator , go to the emerald folder and install the themes. You can also look here [link] for decorators that have the buttons on the right side.
- If you are using globalmenu, go to your themes directory and browse inside Azel/gtk-2.0/. Open the file gtkrc and scroll down near the bottom till you find the line 'include "tweaks-no-globalmenu.rc"' (without the quotes). Comment out (put a # symbol in front of) that line, uncomment (remove the # from) the '#include "tweaks-globalmenu.rc" line and reload the theme.
- If you prefer the old silver panel, go to your themes directory and browse inside Azel/gtk-2.0/. Open the file gtkrc and scroll down near the bottom till you find the line 'include "panelblack.rc"' (without the quotes). Comment out (put a # symbol in front of) that line, uncomment (remove the # from) the '#include "panel.rc"' line and reload the theme.
- If you are using Ubuntu Karmic x64 and have problems with thunar and huge toolbars, use the included deb or follow the included instructions to compile a fixed version yourself.
- If you are using firefox just use Midori . Just kidding . Go to the firefox folder and into ff2 if you are using firefox2 or ff3 for firefox3. In case you are using the hidemenubar extension, there is also the Azel-no-menubar theme included.
- If you are using Mplayer , extract the contents of the Azel-mplayer archive into ~/.mplayer/skins .
- The Azel New metacity decorator was completely reworked and made default (the old one is still there).
- New Azel Rounded decorators.
- All available metacity decorators now have XFWM4 and emerald(buggy) versions.
- Gnome Panel fixes (mainly silver version).
- Xfce panel fixes.
- Calculator full gradient restored.