This theme pack brings back the look and feel from the older Ubuntu releases.
To use it on newer Linux distributions that dont have Gnome 2 the MATE Desktop Environment can be used.
The MATE Desktop Environment is the continuation of GNOME 2. It provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using traditional metaphors for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems.
To install the theme download the following from the download page:
- Ubuntu wallpapers - the brown orange ones from Ubuntu 4.10 to 9.10
- Human window theme
- Human mouse cursors and icons
- Gnome icons
The theme and icons can be installed from the appearance menu in MATE: Menu -> System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Apperance -> Install
The wallpapers can be extracted anywhere and added to the menu. Recommended path would be /usr/share/wallpapers.
If you want to help me with these send me an email: mo0n_sniper [at] miez.ro
- Make the Human theme compatible with choosing colours
- Make a dark version of the Human theme
- Tuomas Kuosmanen email@example.com for making the theme
- Jeff Waugh firstname.lastname@example.org modified the theme for Ubuntu
- Jean-François for keeping archives of Ubuntu themes, icons, wallpapers etc. at: ubuntu.ecchi.ca/
All the files are under their original copywright, I have just packaged them.