Hey guys. This is not really an app, but more of a how-to to get a main-menu sort of thing in Docky.
I\\\'ve been using AWN for quite sometime now, but thats because of the lack of many docklets in docky; the main-menu being an important one (atleast for me).
So I checked out this post on http://omgubuntu.co.uk/ the other day, which told us how to add the \\\"show desktop\\\" functionality to docky.
What we do is change the \\\"click\\\" function of the docky icon. So I modified that a bit, and got it to display the gnome-menu whenever I click the docky icon.
How-to do this:
1. install \\\"xdotool\\\" by typing in:
sudo apt-get install xdotool
in the terminal
2. press alt+f2 and type in \\\"gconf-editor\\\". press enter.
3. navigate to /apps/docky-2/Docky/Items/DockyItem and double click on \\\"DockyItemCommand\\\"
4. in the \\\"value\\\" entry copy paste this:
xdotool key -clearmodifiers alt+F1
(its case sensitive)
5. press OK and close the box.
6. press on the docky icon :)