Ubuntu Black (updated version)

Gnome Screenshots

Source (link to git-repo or to original if based on someone elses unmodified work): Add the source-code for this project on git.opendesktop.org

0
Score 54%
Description:

Ubuntu Skin made using Avant Window Navigator and gDesklets without gnome-panel.

psychedelic

11 years ago

Hi thanks a whole lot. I succeeded in my installation. Mannyyyy thanksssssss!

Now, how do I get a the beautiful icons on the awn dock? Thanks for the help. You are very kind.

Report

C

elpombo

11 years ago

You're welcome. About the icons, right click on the icon for each application in AWN and select "change icon". I searched for the icons using image search in Google and I altered some of them using Gimp, to match my desktop. I also got some of the icons from this website.

http://www.customxp.net/images/PngFactory/

Report

psychedelic

11 years ago

I used the procedures listed at http://phorolinux.com/how-to-install-avant-window-navigator-on-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon.html to install awn. I succeeded in installing avant window navigator. But for awn, when i entered "make" and susequently "sudo make install", I got the following errors:
"make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

Can you help please? Its like am 99% there and I can't get the remaining 1%. It will be frustrating if I can't get there. :)

Thanks for helping this poor soul.

Report

C

elpombo

11 years ago

Hello again. Don't worry, it's a lot easier to install Avant Window Navigator using repositories than by building from sources.

Follow this guide:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=385981

Don't forget that Avant Window Navigator and AWN are the same thing.

If you run into any problems, send us a reply and I'll try to help you getting this software properly installed.

Report

andemarc

11 years ago

ok!!! its great,thanks

Report

andemarc

11 years ago

Hi,very good work.I want to remove the panel and work only with AWN,how to?Thanks. P.S.:great wallpaper

Report

C

elpombo

11 years ago

Thanks for the comment. To completely hide the gnome-bar, go to system tools -> configuration editor (if it's not there, enable it in system->preferences->main menu) -> apps -> panel -> toplevels -> top_panel_screen0 (or any other panel available). Then, enable auto-hide and set the "auto_hide_size" value to 1.

This way the gnome-bar won't show up and you can still use it by putting the mouse cursor on the screen edge.

If you run into any problems doing this, post a reply for further help.

Report

psychedelic

11 years ago

Hi. Please tell me EXACTLY (am EXTREMELY new to linux) how to get a desktop and the down icons (+the panels) like those you displayed in the desktop. I want to get a desktop EXACTLY like yours. Your desktop is toooooo good man! YOu rock.

Report

C

elpombo

11 years ago

Thanks for the comment, man. I really appreciate it. It's not difficult to have a desktop with those effects. What you need to get the icons and the panels installed is to install "gDesklets" and "Avant Window Navigator".

gDesklets will provide the panels on the side (or wherever you want to locate them). To install it, type in a commmand line:

sudo apt-get install gdesklets gdesklets-data

After this, you only need to install and activate the applets you prefer.

Avant Window Navigator is slightly more tricky, but also relatively simple. Just look on the internet for a "how to" on installing AWN. To run AWN you also need to be running a composite manager, like compiz-fusion, enabled by default in ubuntu gutsy.

If you have any problems installing this software leave a comment here and I will provide you with a detailed explanation on how to install it.

Good luck.

Report

C

elpombo

11 years ago

Thanks for the comment, man. I really appreciate it. It's not difficult to have a desktop with those effects. What you need to get the icons and the panels installed is to install "gDesklets" and "Avant Window Navigator".

gDesklets will provide the panels on the side (or wherever you want to locate them). To install it, type in a commmand line:

sudo apt-get install gdesklets gdesklets-data

After this, you only need to install and activate the applets you prefer.

Avant Window Navigator is slightly more tricky, but also relatively simple. Just look on the internet for a "how to" on installing AWN. To run AWN you also need to be running a composite manager, like compiz-fusion, enabled by default in ubuntu gutsy.

If you have any problems installing this software leave a comment here and I will provide you with a detailed explanation on how to install it.

Good luck.

Report

product-maker 7 9

File (click to download) Version Description Downloads Date Filesize DL OCS-Install
Pling
Details
license
version
updated Dec 16 2007
added Dec 15 2007
downloads today
0
page views today 1