UPDATE New version is currently underway. I so far have better tablet detection, the new features of xsetwacom implemented, Intuos4 OLEDs working with both images, text and animations and application profiles that automatically switch the button configuration. Please hang in there everyone, I know the current version up here sucks and this overhaul is long overdue. Check back in a month or two.
THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH UBUNTU 11.04
I will fix the compatibility issues when I have the time to do so.
You can now easily configure a wacom tablet on linux!
This utility allows you to:
- Automatically detect and configure a wide range of wacom products
- Set custom key commands or mouse buttons to a tablet's shortcut buttons
- Set custom pressure curve on each of the tablet's input devices
- Automatically remembers and reapplies settings on startup
- At present, serial and bluetooth tablets are not yet supported. If it doesn't work for you, submit a comment on here so I can fix it.
- More features coming!
HOW TO INSTALL:
Add the PPA to get the latest updates automatically!
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hughescih/ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install wacom-utility
HOW TO USE PRESSURE SUPPORT IN GIMP:
1. Open GIMP
2. In the Edit menu, click on preferences
3. Click on Input Devices
4. Click on Configure Extended Input Devices
5. For the devices; stylus, eraser and cursor, set the Mode to 'Screen'
6. Click Save, then Ok and you're done!