Hello, this is not a kicker background like so, simply is an obtained effect taking a desktop wallpaper anyone to add a semitransparent bar to it and putting kicker totally transparent, including a superior bar that simulates a docker.
I've designed it with Inkscape, but is possible to use any other similar application to do that. The source image I put here is SVG format. It has a background bar for the kicker and another for the docker with a resolution of 1280x1024"
Steeps to follow
1. Download the file kicker-docker-svg.
2, Open it with inkscape (or preferred).
3. Import the favorite desktop wallpaper and place it at x=0 y=0, the wide must be 1280 and height 1025.
4, Send the wallpaper to the bottom with the menu object.
5. Export it to Bitmap in the menu file, select document so that it takes the measures from the document, but personalize to set all the sizes are in 1280x1025, do not forget to select the name with extension .jpg or .png to export in a specific directory.
6. Select that image As Centered Wallpaper.
7. Right Click to the panel and click on config, in aspect says Enable transparency, click on advance options and set the opacity to zero. The size of kicker must be of 53 pixels, if you want less or more you must modify the size bar of the image with inkscape.
8. Put the icons that you want in the above docker.
9. Show to your friends :P
Note: If you want to use more resolution you must increase the size of the document in the menu file->document properties, import the preferred wallpaper and increase the wide of bar and docker.
Luciano Vargas http://bogsli.wordpress.com (for the idea)
Gustavo Diaz to http://www.gdnet.com.ar (to help me with inkscape)
My mother (for the food :P)
Spanish Translation on my blog: http://gnu-haldrik.blogspot.com/2007/08/kicker-transparente.html
11 years ago
11 years ago