Carapace Ardent is a bright and spacious theme with some candy for the eyes. It is a bright version of my previous theme, Carapace.
The panel is dynamic, when it switches between transparent and solid the colors of text and icons changes too. Just like Carapace, Carapace Ardent is using the font Lato.
If you don't yet have Lato search for "ttf-google-fonts-typewolf" in your package manager or go to: typewolf.com/google-fonts ... Or just get it here.
-- If you download it then extract the archive in:
I have kept the overview dark which creates a nice contrast from the rest of the desktop.
The hover and focus -colors are the same as in Carapace: Blue for hover, Green for focus, Yellow for attention and Red for critical attention.
Note: There are two variants available. One with the Slim Dock, which Carapace has had from the start, and a new Pantheon-ish Dock.
::: Installation :::
- Extract Carapace-Ardent in
- Start/restart Gnome Tweak Tool and pick the theme
- Open the arcive straight from Tweak Tool. It'll do the work for you.
::: Required Extensions :::
- User themes
- Dash to Dock
::: Useful Extensions :::
-- Because while the Gnome weather-program is cool, your location might not be there.
-- Any KDE Connect user needs this :-D
- Custom Corner
-- Creates more freedom
-- Adds blurred background for the Overview
::: NOT Recommended Extensions :::
- Carapace has a built-in responsive panel. So an panel-altering extension is not needed, and for the full experience not recommended whatsoever.
::: Other than that :::
- Have fun and rate it up if you like my work... Or Pling me... Or buy me a cup of coffee: paypal.me/hackan301