| 2019.04.14 | 9 months ago
And so, here it is - The theme is packed with a script which you will have to run prior to applying the theme in Tweak Tool (otherwise it'll just look weird)
The idea is to make my job a whole lot easier, so instead of packing six different versions of Carapace I have now two:
1) The stock (if you will) version which is what most people seem to have gone for judging by the number of downloads
2) The Tweak version which will allow you to easily set up your dock and overview the way you want them to be
When you unpack the theme you will see a file called "Carapace_Setup.sh" in
Open a Terminal and drop "Carapace_Setup.sh" on it, hit enter and follow the instructions on screen
Enjoy tweaking! :-D
| 2019.04.12 | 9 months ago
First I have to say I am sorry I haven't gotten around to this update until just now.
Since Gnome Shell 3.32 some things have changed:
* The clock got really weirdly colored for some reason. That is fixed.
* #panel.solid seems to have been removed so now the built-in transparency is gone. But if you install a panel transparency extension you can solve that. I have put down a fair bit of work on getting the shade and top-edge to still be there during transparency. It works pretty good with: https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1011/dynamic-panel-transparency/
I am just uploading this one version of Carapace Graphite (because it is seriously hard work to save and pack several versions every time I update) and right now working on a little script which I intend will let you set up Carapace on your own. I hope it'll be up in a couple of days, if not during this weekend.
Until then, enjoy Carapace Graphite Zoomed out Overview with Pantheonish Dock :-D
| 2018.11.22 | 1 year ago
* Fixed panel paddings
* Ajusted wallpaper edge
| 2018.11.20 | 1 year ago
* Fixed a big in search-results which made it impossible to autoscroll results with arrow-keys. It somehow feels more natural to step through the results with keys so this is a pretty nice bug fix :-)
* Adjusted panel-frames
* Fixed padding issue with program-folders
| 2018.11.16 | 1 year ago
* Remade the dock again, this time to give it a border, curved edges and a bit of shadow. It is something I had been planning to do for so long but never gotten around to before now :-D
* Remade the Activities button ( Gnome-foot). It is a bit larger and has better shadow.
* Adjusted spacing and padding in the overview
* Corrected a "bug" in the Task Switcher which hid the more programs/windows arrows
If you are also a fan of the colored theme variants I am going to bring them up to speed with Carapace Graphite this weekend :-)
| 2018.11.12 | 1 year ago
* Worked on Overview
* Ajusted the active-color for the dock
| 2018.11.10 | 1 year ago
Pretty excited about this update. Been working on the following:
* Totally remade the dock. It also now has new types of indicators for running programs - The more windows the wider the indicator gets.
I personally think it's sexy as hell :-D
* Also, renamed the theme variants so you can easily switch between the variants you install
| 2018.11.09 | 1 year ago
This is a pretty huge update, bringing an even more polished Carapace!
I have done more this last month than I can write down in this changelog. But in short:
* I have gone through the code to optimize and make the theme more efficient - It should fly now on your Gnome Shell :-)
* I have redisgned many components to make Carapace more elegant
* I have gone with a more Pantheon-like look for the dock. Feel free to let me know if you miss the old, slim, one. I could make a separate version for it if so ;-)
| 05.10.2018 | 1 year ago
I have worked on...
* tuning sizes and shades of borders
* adjusted colors of the Overview
* I believe in choice, haha, so a new Overview-variant is available :-D Check out the screenshots and compare ;-)
| 03.10.2018 | 1 year ago
Many updates these days, seems I have itchy fingers, haha
* Made the outlining of the zoomed out overview finer.
* Made the color for volume Overdrive orange - This will be the only non-gray-tone in this theme. The though I have with that is that it might be extra important to point out when your speakers are at risk of getting damaged, so orange it is :-D
| 03.10.2018 | 1 year ago
I have added a slightly curved radius to both the Traditional and the Zoomed out Overview-vairnats.
Just trying it out, let me know what you think :-)
| 02.10.2018 | 1 year ago
I added a variant of Carapace Graphite with a more traditional Overview... for those of you who aren't too crazy about the Zoomed out effect.
| 28.09.2018 | 1 year ago
* Adjusted the colors for Task Switcher... it is pretty sexy now :-D
* Fixed the colors for the brightness and volume -bars in the system-menu (which got affected by a Gnome Shell update recently, if you are not on bleeding edge you won't notice any difference)
* Fixed icon shadowing for focused list search results
| 23.09.2018 | 1 year ago
Been polishing a bit including...
* Remade a few graphical elements for retina dispays
* Adjusted grayscale colors
* Adjusted font weights and sizes
Hope you like this update :-)
| 11.08.2018 | 1 year ago
Did some work on the Task Switcher. It is now b/w and has a nice neutral color for the panel which works pretty well on both light and dark gtk-themes.
It may take a second to punch up the Task Switcher due to, I suppose, that I am doing the switcher in fullscreen rather than just having a "normal" list in the center.
Hope you'll enjoy it :-)