Yaru-Colors is a theme project to bringt different colors to Ubuntu's awesome Yaru theme.
Special thanks to the developers of Yaru!
Ubuntu's Yaru GitHub
Tested on Ubuntu 18.04, 18.10 and 19.04 beta (April 2019) - with Gnome only.
This theme doesn't work for MATE!
Yaru-Colors themes conataing following:
- GTK 2 / 3 theme
- Gnome-Shell theme
- Yaru icons
- Ubuntu-Dock theme (indicators)
Following changes are made by me:
- .css files for GTK3 and Gnome-Shell are edited. I changed all orange and purple tinted colors
- GTK2 images and Gnome-Shell graphics which were orange tinted are changed
- For the icon pack I just recolored the folder icons in 'places' and 'status'
- The dock got recolored app running indicators, which are changed by script, not by file
I tried to make the installation as easy as possible.
Therefore I created an installation script called install.sh. (Tutorial below)
The installer will do a backup if something needs to be overwritten (only Ubuntu 18.10+).
It will guide you through everything and allows you to choose what you want to install.
Yaru-Colors is free to use, modify and re-release - feel free to buy me some cookies ;-)
Please visit the GitHub page for more screenshots of every theme, issues or suggestions.
Nothing but it just doesn't work with MATE. Maybe I've the time to make a special MATE theme, maybe not...
File-Size - the whole theme file is huge because of the icon packs for each color. Try downloading only one color, if it's too big for you.
Installation with script:
1. Run the installer with './install.sh'
-- for replacing '/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/Yaru' for better compatiblity, run this script as root
2. Follow the installer
Removal with script:
1. Rund the uninstaller with './uninstall.sh'
-- if you installed the shell theme to '/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/Yaru', run this script as root
2. Follow the script
1. Copy your desired theme into your desired theme directory (example '/usr/share/themes' or '~/.local/share/themes')
2. Copy you desired icon pack into your desired theme directory (example '/usr/share/icons' or '~/.icons')
3. For better compatiblity you can optionally copy the files from a theme's gnome-shell directory to '/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/Yaru' and overwrite everything AFTER you backed up the files
4. Enable your themes with gsettings commands or with gnome-tweak-tool
5. To change the dock indicator color (Ubuntu's Dash-To-Dock only), find the hex code for your desired color in the list below and enter following two commands (replace HEXCODE with your color code including #):
'gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.dash-to-dock custom-theme-running-dots-color 'HEXCODE' 2> /dev/null'
'gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.dash-to-dock custom-theme-running-dots-border-color 'HEXCODE' 2> /dev/null'
(or do it with the script, it'll do it for you...)
Have fun with it!
For any suggestions send me a message here or on Reddit /u/jannomag